It’s done.

…well, kind of. I finished the rough draft of Son of Thunder today. It weighed in at just a bit over 80,000 words, far short of the 100,000 words I was aiming at. The good news is that, after a bit of research, I found that the word count publishers are currently looking for in Paranormal Romance is 85,000 to 100,000 words. So I only need to add 5,000 more words to bring it in line, though I’m hoping the next edit adds more like 10,000 words to the story.

In any case, I’m so close I can taste it. I’m going to give myself the rest of the day off, then tomorrow morning I’m starting back at the beginning with a full edit.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s