Do you like to read romance novels? Wouldn’t you like to know more about your favorite authors? Well you came to the right place! Join the writers of Romance Weekly as we go behind the scenes of our books and tell all….. About our writing of course! Every week we’ll answer questions and after you’ve enjoyed the blog on this site we’ll direct you to another. So come back often for a thrilling ride!
If you’re joining me from J.J. Devine’s blog, or if you are starting your blog hop here, welcome.
This week Sarah Hegger wants us to tell her our three favorite book boyfriends and why. (From any book you’ve read). Now, being a guy and straight, this one presents a bit of a challenge for me, but I do get to rewrite the rules now and again, so I figured I could either write about my three favorite book girlfriends or my biggest book man crushes…of course, I chose to do both.
1. Hands down my favorite fictional lady is Nixie, from Mary Hughes’ amazing Biting Nixie. She’s one-hundred pounds of drop dead sexy, has attitude to spare, and she plays in a punk polka band. What’s not to love?
2. Alexia Tarabotti, from Gail Carriger’s Parasol Protectorate series. This quirky, Victorian era spinster is (finally) married to a werewolf, conspires with vampires, and sports a high-tech (steam punk) bumbershoot. Oh, and she also has no soul. ♥♥♥
3. Katniss Everdeen, from Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games. This one’s a survivor. Cunning and caring. She’s shot an arrow through my heart. »»—->
1. Conan by Robert E. Howard (and friends). He made my transition from comic books to the written word so easy. Not a big thinker, when confronted with a problem he puts his head down and just charges in. I love this guy.
2. F’Lar from Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern series. The man has his own dragon. Nuff said.
3. Drizzt Do’Urden from R. A. Salvatore’s Forgotten Realms books. A kick-ass dark elf with a heart of gold…and a pet panther.
Well, there you have it. Let me know what you think in the comments below, then click through to check out Fiona Riplee’s book boyfriends.